Traduzca el sitio web: ‘Select Language’ en el menú superior
Traducción al español de la actualización del procedimiento de recogida de la familia Ottiwell, agosto de 2022
Dear Ottiwell Families,
Welcome to the academic year 22-23! I am excited to welcome your scholars on Thursday, Aug. 18 and jump into what is sure to be an excellent year. For this year in particular, I am prioritizing two main things: scholar safety and ensuring each scholar is engaged in high quality learning every single day. I will be sending out a memo in the first couple weeks of school sharing our school wide goal around scholar achievement but wanted to start with communicating a shift we are making to our dismissal procedure to increase scholar safety.
The change is for families who pick up their scholar at the end of the school day or have scholars who walk home. Please read the following pick up logistics:
- Family pick up happens IN FRONT of the building on Belleville Avenue
- K-2 scholars will be dismissed at 3:15 and will exit the building from the main office door.
- 3-8 scholars will be dismissed at 3:25 and will exit from both the main office door and the door at the end of the ramp.
- Every Kindergarten through 5th grade family will receive three (3) lanyards with their scholar(s) name(s) on it, on Monday, Aug. 22. You must exit your car entirely and be wearing this lanyard at the time of pick up as a signal to staff for what scholar is being picked up. If there are any errors, or if you misplace all of the lanyards, please contact the front desk. Of course, even with the lanyard system, the only adults able to dismiss scholars are those listed on the emergency contact list. Please make sure that your emergency contact list is up to date!
- There should be ample room on Earle and Hathaway for families to park their cars during pick up as our staff will use the parking lot. No scholar will be dismissed to families in cars. Please be considerate and respectful while parking, being careful to not block crosswalks, intersections, or the gas station.
- If your scholar walks home, please communicate this to the front desk by Aug. 18. No scholar is allowed to walk anywhere without parent/guardian permission.
- Scholars who walk home will be required to check-out with a staff member outside whose main responsibility will be to ensure all scholars who walk are accounted for.
A few additional reminders:
- If your scholar rides the bus and you are picking up that day, please notify the front desk by 2:30pm! If the front desk is not notified, the scholar will ride the bus home.
- Please refrain from engaging in any detailed conversation with staff members during dismissal. It is very important that all staff members are focused on the dismissal procedures and scholar safety. If you want to set up a meeting with a staff member, send them an email or call the school.
I want to thank you in advance for adhering to our new and improved dismissal procedure. This may seem like a very detailed and cumbersome process AND I firmly believe that this level of precaution and organization will make for a safe and efficient dismissal procedure. Please feel free to call the front office or email Jillian Gomes (Ottiwell’s Dean of Operations) with any additional questions or concerns.