Alma Family Advisory (AFA)
Alma’s Family Advisory strives to facilitate and encourage parents’ active and positive communication with the school, strengthen bonds between the school and the wider community, and inspire volunteerism of families in service of the school. All families of scholars who attend Alma are welcome to attend and should feel confident and comfortable sharing their views.
When will this group meet?
Alma Family Advisory at our Sarah D. Ottiwell Campus will meet from 5:30-6:30 pm on the following dates: February 15; March 29 and May 10. Spanish translation will be provided.
AFA will be led by Principal Nicole Ouimet and a member of the Ottiwell Leadership Team.
What might we work on together?
- Providing feedback to the school on school policies
- Promoting contact between all families and the rest of the school community
- Identifying ways in which Alma may become more welcoming, inclusive, and culturally responsive
- Preview upcoming initiatives and allow space for further dialogue prior to final decisions
- Discussing issues of interest to families with Alma staff (such as Family Survey Data)