Copia traducida de la carta de las familias de Ottiwell del 31 de agosto
August 31, 2021
Dear Ottiwell Campus Families:
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! Our staff is so happy to be back with you and your scholars for what is sure to be a year of growth and learning. As we get back into the school routine, I wanted to send a memo home about some arrival and dismissal information/procedures that will ensure the safety of our entire community.
Arrival: Scholar Drop Off
- The arrival time is from 8:30-8:45. Any scholar arriving after 8:45 will be marked tardy. We want scholars to have ample time to eat breakfast and get organized before classes start promptly at 9.
- All scholars walking or being dropped off are to enter through the main entrance on Belleville Ave.
- We kindly ask that families either (a) drop off their child without leaving their car or (b) stand at the bottom of the stairs instead of with their scholars on the ramp. This will allow us to have a more efficient drop off flow and allow us to follow our health and safety guidelines (mask wearing, limited number of people in a crowd, etc). We understand there could be a one off circumstance where you need to escort your scholar and hope those will be limited cases.
- If you have a concern to discuss, please contact me or the front office in advance so we can set up a time to meet with you outside of the 8:30-8:45 time. We want to make sure you have our undivided attention which is challenging to give during the drop off window.
- Please be mindful of where you are parking. Belleville parking in front of the school is designated for families dropping off and leaving immediately. If you are planning on staying until your scholar is in the building, please park on one of the side streets. Please do not park in or around the gas station at the corner.
- Please send your scholars to school with a mask. This is especially important if your scholar is waiting in line to come into the building.
Dismissal: Scholar Pick Up
- If your scholar typically rides the bus home and you are picking up instead, please let the front office know by 1:00pm. This gives us time to make changes to our dismissal list and ensure all scholars are going where they need to go.
Dismissal: Scholars taking the bus
- We are working on tightening up our dismissal procedures. Because our school is expanding (YAY!), our busses are visiting many campuses which takes some coordination, trial and error. You should expect that busses will leave Ottiwell between 3:45 and 3:50. This could fluctuate by a few minutes in one direction or the other as the school year progresses.
- Bus safety is very important. With your help, we can ensure the busses feel like a safe and efficient form of transportation for all of our scholars and for the bus staff. Please remind your scholars of the following bus safety procedures:
- Masks on at all times
- Sitting at all times
- No consumption of food or drink on the bus
Thank you so much for your commitment to our school drop off and bus procedures. Alma is an amazing community that I am proud to be a part of. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Principal, Ottiwell Campus