Alma Family Advisory (AFA)
Alma’s Family Advisory strives to facilitate and encourage parents’ active and positive communication with the school, strengthen bonds between the school and the wider community, and inspire volunteerism of families in service of the school. All families of scholars who attend Alma are welcome to attend and should feel confident and comfortable sharing their views.
When will AFA meet?
Alma Family Advisory at our Frederick Douglass Campus will meet from 5:30pm-6:30pm on the following dates: March 1, April 12, and May 24. Spanish translation will be provided.
AFA will be led by Principal Taylor DeLoach and/or a member of the Douglass Leadership Team.
What might we work on together?
- Providing feedback to the school on school policies
- Promoting contact between all families and the rest of the school community
- Identifying ways in which Alma may become more welcoming, inclusive, and culturally responsive
- Preview upcoming initiatives and allow space for further dialogue prior to final decisions
- Discussing issues of interest to families with Alma staff (such as Family Survey Data)