On Friday, October 28, we will hold our annual Book Character Day! This is an opportunity for staff, scholars, and families to celebrate our shared love of reading. We invite all scholars and staff to come to school dressed as their favorite book character.
- The character must be from a book that the scholar has read. Scholars should NOT dress up as a character from a movie or television show. Remember, we are celebrating our love of reading!
- Scholars who earn an out of class referral/suspension the week of October 28th will not be eligible to participate in Book Character Day. The Dean of Culture will review all referrals to ensure equity and consistency. Classroom teachers will contact families by end of day Thursday, October 27th if your scholar is unable to participate.
- REMEMBER: Scholars will be required to complete a Book Character Explanation Form in order to participate. You can find your scholar’s form on the back of this flier.
- Scholars who are not dressed as book characters are required to be in uniform.
Please note the following costume guidelines:
- Store-bought costumes and homemade costumes are both permitted. Items around the house make great costumes!
- Scholars may not wear masks or fake blood (other face paint is ok).
- Scholars may not bring weapons of any kind (fake or real).
- All items must be appropriate for school (no bare shoulders or crop tops).
- Scholars must wear or bring appropriate shoes for P.E. and recess.
- Costumes may not interfere with movement or safety (scholars will have Physical Education as usual).