Dear Alma families,
On Friday, January 31, 2020*, our school will be celebrating our 100th day of school! We have a lot of fun activities planned for scholars to celebrate all the learning they have done so far!
We would like to invite scholars to dress up like they are 100 years old. We encourage you to find things at your home to use and get creative – no need to buy anything!
Please note the following costume guidelines:
- Store-bought costumes and homemade costumes are both permitted. Items around the house make great costumes!
- Scholars may not wear masks (other face paint is ok).
- Scholars may not bring weapons of any kind (fake or real)
- Props are allowed but if they are a distraction scholars will be asked to put them away
- Scholars may not wear jeans.
- All items must be appropriate for school (for example, no bare shoulders or midriffs).
- Scholars must wear or bring appropriate shoes for P.E. and recess.
- Costumes may not interfere with movement or safety (scholars will have Physical Education as usual).
Scholars who do not meet behavioral expectations on Thursday, January 30th will not be permitted to participate. Classroom teachers will contact families after school on 1/30 to inform them if their scholar is not able to dress up.