Copia traducida de la Carta de conducta en el autobús para las familias
Dear Alma Families,
Bus Transportation is a vital part of ensuring all of our scholars arrive at school on time and ready to learn. We are fortunate to partner with Whaling City Transit, whose goal is to provide safe and reliable bus transportation to and from both Alma del Mar campuses. We are grateful to Whaling City for the important work they do to ensure all scholars have equal and fair access to their education.
Whaling City has reported serious concerns to the school about scholar behavior on the bus. The most consistent and dangerous behaviors are listed below:
- Standing or moving while the bus is in motion
- Hitting, kicking, and bullying behavior
- Inappropriate cell phone usage (taking videos of physical altercations, recording other scholars or the bus driver without permission, etc)
- Disrespectful language and actions toward bus drivers and monitors
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum
- Other unsafe behaviors that cause the bus driver to pull over or return to the school
Effective immediately, any displays of the above behavior could result in short term or long term suspension from the bus. Whaling City and the school will work together to determine the suspension length, and a member of our staff will contact families with the information. The serious nature of this consequence reflects the commitment that Whaling City and Alma del Mar are ensuring every scholar is transported safely to and from school.
Additionally, it is imperative that all Alma scholars, parents and guardians speak to the Whaling City staff respectfully to ensure strong partnership between all members of our community. Whaling City staff is committed to engaging in respectful dialogue with families to solve any challenges that arise.
We look forward to collaborating closely with Whaling City Transit and families to improve scholar behavior on the bus.
Nicole Ouimet, Principal – Ottiwell Campus
Taylor DeLoach, Principal – Douglass Campus