Versión en español de la carta
Instructions for use in English (View written guide // View video tutorial)
Instrucciones de prueba de COVID-19 en español
December 21, 2021
Happy Holidays! We hope your family will be able to spend this Winter Break in a way that is meaningful to you. We also want to be sure that your family remains healthy and safe throughout the holiday season.
We are excited to provide you with at-home, rapid antigen COVID-19 test kits, each with two tests, to be used to help prevent spread this holiday season while also reducing risk of positive cases entering our schools after the extended holiday break.
We strongly recommend you use these at-home rapid COVID-19 tests as follows:
- Prior to gathering for the holidays, please use one test to ensure you can safely gather with others
- On the evening of Jan. 2 or morning of Jan. 3, please test your scholar before sending them to school on Jan. 3
If your scholar or anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 during Winter Break (12/23/21-1/2/22):
- Please do not send your scholar or their siblings to school until they have been cleared to return by the campus medical assistant
- Please contact your campus Medical Assistant at the number listed below to inform them of the positive result on Monday, January 3rd. You may also leave a voicemail or send a text over the break, but please do not expect a response as all staff are on Winter Break.
- It is the responsibility of all Alma families to keep their scholars home from school if they test positive for COVID-19 and to wait to send them back to school until confirming they are eligible to return with the campus Medical Assistant
Alma del Mar is extremely grateful for the State of MA and Department of Health’s initiative to get rapid, at-home COVID-19 tests in the hands of families in New Bedford this holiday season.
Will Gardner, Executive Director
Keila Pires, Ottiwell Campus Medical Assistant, 508-296-0174
Amy Rivera, K-4 Douglass Campus Medical Assistant, 508-216-0271
Itamary Lopez, 6-8 Douglass Campus Medical Assistant, 508-205-9753