I hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and well! As many of you know, I am beginning my tenure as Alma’s new Executive Director after many years as a teacher and campus leader for the last eight years. I am excited to serve Alma in this new capacity, and I am happy to report that both schools have been hard at work preparing to launch the 2022-2023 school year! This year will be one of the best ever as we will now serve 1044 scholars across both campuses.
Our priority for this school year is at the heart of our mission: putting your scholars on the path to college by engaging them in meaningful work. We return with a renewed focus on high quality instruction and academic excellence in our effort to recover from unfinished learning throughout the last few years.
In the next several weeks, we look forward to welcoming you into our buildings for Back to School Night and our first Alma Family Advisory meetings of the year. I am also looking forward to connecting with you all personally as I learn more about your hopes and dreams for your scholar, as well as the future of Alma – more details to come!
Please also note the following updates regarding our school’s response to COVID-19:
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine at home for five days. Upon their return to school, they will be required to wear a face mask for an additional five days. These requirements are regardless of vaccination status. Contact the Health office for your return date.
- Mask wearing is optional in our schools, but will be required in our health offices.
- In alignment with DESE and DPH recommendations, Alma will not conduct surveillance/testing, contact tracing, or test to-stay testing in our schools.
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged but not required. Local clinics may be found at https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Ventilation systems at both campuses continue to pull 100% outside air and do not recycle internal air. We conducted routine maintenance on these systems this summer.