Do you know someone who is passionate about education and wants to make a difference in New Bedford?
If you refer a full-time employee that we hire, you’ll earn $250!
Alma del Mar is looking for extraordinary educators to join our crew. We have openings for those who are just embarking on their teaching career and for those who are already terrific teachers. We’re looking for individuals with a proven effectiveness as a leader who bring infectious joy to those around them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I refer a candidate?
Referring an excellent candidate is a simple two-step process.
- Advise all interested candidates to apply for a current opening on our website: almadelmar.org. In their cover letter or initial email correspondence, candidates must reference your name as the person who referred them to the job opening.
- Fill out the referral form. This will help manage the influx of resumes we receive and will be necessary for tracking purposes.
How and when will I receive my bonus?
The reward grants a $250 bonus for referring any candidate who is hired for any full-time position at our school. (All monies are subject to relevant federal, state, and city taxes.)
You will receive your referral bonus once the referred full-time candidate has been employed at Alma del Mar Charter School for 120 days and is in good standing. A member of our team will contact you near the 120-day mark to request up-to-date contact information to ensure that we can mail your bonus in a timely manner.
How can I spread the word?
In addition to reaching out directly to those you think may be interested, consider sharing posts from our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter on your own social media pages. Remember that if someone applies after seeing your post, they will still need to list you as a reference.
**By submitting a referral ticket, you are confirming that you understand and accept the terms of the referral program.
- If you refer to Alma del Mar Charter School an individual whom we hire for a job, you will receive a $250 Referral Bonus subject to the rules below.
- Your referral must name you as their referral source.
- After 120 days after the first day that your referral formally reports for work, we’ll send you a $250 check (subject to applicable taxes).
- You must fill out the Referral form, having complete all required fields, to be eligible for a Referral Bonus.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of referral to be eligible for a Referral Bonus.
- Candidates for Alma del Mar Charter School employment may not refer themselves to receive a Referral Bonus.
- Referrals must be hired for full-time positions for you to be eligible for the Referral Bonus.
- There is no limit to the number of Referral Bonuses that an individual may receive under this program.
- Referrals you submit will be considered eligible for the Referral Bonus for up to one year after the submission date. After that, you will need to resubmit the referral in order to become eligible again.
- The Teacher Referral Program is intended to connect us with people we would not otherwise have found. If we were already in contact with or connected to your referral at the time of your referral, we will let you know and you will be ineligible for the Referral Bonus for that person.
- We reserve the right to discontinue this program at any time.