At Alma, character and academics are inextricably intertwined. Our three Alma Habits of Character – responsibility, consideration, and service – live at the heart of our curriculum, instruction, and school-wide culture. Our goal is to give scholars every opportunity to practice and internalize these habits to help them become effective learners, ethical people, and contributors to a better world. When scholars and staff practice strong habits of character, our entire community is able to grow and thrive.
I take responsibility for my learning.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I come prepared to learn every day.
- I improve my learning by asking questions and seeking help.
- I persist when things are hard, no matter what.
I consider others in my choice of words and actions.
- I communicate politely and kindly.
- I stand up for what’s right.
- I recognize the impact of my words and actions.
- I show empathy for the perspectives of others.
I serve my crew and community.
- I identify the needs of others and use my skills to meet them.
- I help my whole crew achieve success.
- I leave no crew member behind.
- I use my learning to create a better world.